You may be new to self assessment or self-employment and never have needed an accountants services before.


Hopefully you have booked for your free initial consultation and will have been told what you need to bring with you to get you set up as a client, but I thought it may be useful to put it here to remind you. If you forget it can be done later, but much easier to get the administration out of the way early on so we can concentrate on meeting your needs.


An accountant is required to verify the identity of a new client and to do this we ask for two forms of identification, like banks do, one with a photograph of you and another with your current address.


Here is a list of suitable documents we can use for this

Proof of ID
Suitable documents for verifying identity
proof of id.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [74.8 KB]

In order to help us understand your business or situation there are a number of things you can bring  as well.


Most important is any correspondence from HMRC in respect of any types of tax that affect you.


If you have a company, details of that and any online authentication code for Companies House would be useful.


Please bring any paperwork and bookkeeping records where possible so we can assess the assistance you require, and any business plans; brochures; etc. will also help us better understand your business, and allow us to help you more effectively.

Where to find us:

Robert Thorne FCCA 

The Annex

143 - 145 Stanwell Road



TW15 3QN

Phone: 01784 243962


Or use our contact form.

Business hours

09.00 - 17.30

Print | Sitemap
© Robert Thorne FCCA